Our Mission at the Farmington Public Works Department is to work effectively and efficiently in serving the community and in collaboration with other departments, by contributing to the safety, health and quality of life of its citizens and visitors.
Major responsibilities of the Public Works Department:
- 120 miles of winter roads
- 90 miles of summer roads
- 9 miles of sidewalk maintenance and repairs
- General maintenance of the right of way – Pavement markings, sweeping, roadside mowing, curb repair, street signs, ditching, and pothole patching.
- Capital project support –Project management and cost estimating; as well as performing work not contracted like loam and grass seeding, final clean up, adjusting and installing culverts and drainage structures, sidewalk construction, and hand placed asphalt paving.
- Equipment maintenance and repair – Operation of the town garage, regular maintenance and repair of all fleet vehicles and equipment.
The Town of Farmington Public Works Department is accepting applications for a parttime seasonal Administrative Assistant/Secretary. Hours may vary from 10 to 25 hours per week for 10 weeks starting at $9.50 per hour depending on qualifications.
Job requirements include:
- PC skills including Word, Excel, scanning, photocopying and emailing
- Good people skills for public relations including professionalism and patience
- Good communications with management staff
- Good work ethic and dependability
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team setting