Our Mission at the Farmington Public Works Department is to work effectively and efficiently in serving the community and in collaboration with other departments, by contributing to the safety, health and quality of life of its citizens and visitors.
Major responsibilities of the Public Works Department:
- 120 miles of winter roads
- 90 miles of summer roads
- 9 miles of sidewalk maintenance and repairs
- General maintenance of the right of way – Pavement markings, sweeping, roadside mowing, curb repair, street signs, ditching, and pothole patching.
- Capital project support –Project management and cost estimating; as well as performing work not contracted like loam and grass seeding, final clean up, adjusting and installing culverts and drainage structures, sidewalk construction, and hand placed asphalt paving.
- Equipment maintenance and repair – Operation of the town garage, regular maintenance and repair of all fleet vehicles and equipment.
Geographic Information Service (GIS)
The Town of Farmington's Geographic Information System (GIS) provides access to digital Tax Parcel data as well as other GIS data layers and ortho imagery. Click here to access the online link.
TRUCK DRIVER / LABORER
The Town of Farmington is currently seeking applications for the full-time position of Truck Driver/Laborer in the Public Works Department. Duties include operating heavy and light equipment, plowing and sanding roads in the winter, and manual labor. The employee in this position performs a variety of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled tasks in a variety of weather conditions, and must possess the stamina to work long hours. Night, weekend and holiday work may be required. Valid State of Maine Class B Commercial Driver’s License with good driving record and mandatory pre-employment drug screening required. Snow plowing experience preferred. Competitive wage and benefits are provided, including health insurance and retirement program. Please send cover letter and resume to Philip Hutchins, Public Works Director, Town of Farmington, 153 Farmington Falls Road, Farmington, ME 04938. The application period will remain open until the position is filled. EOE
The Town of Farmington Public Works Department is accepting applications for a part-time seasonal Administrative Assistant/Secretary. Hours may vary from 10 to 25 hours per week for 10 weeks starting at $10.00 per hour depending on qualifications.
Job requirements include:
- PC skills including Word, Excel, scanning, photocopying and emailing
- Good people skills for public relations including professionalism and patience
- Good communications with management staff
- Good work ethic and dependability
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team setting
Town of Farmington Public Works Department
L to R – Ted Collins, Patrick McHugh, Ron Jalbert, Conley Gould, Jr., Director Philip Hutchins, Andy Leavitt, Foreman Jim Kiernan, Foreman Scott Bouchard, Fred Barton, and Highway Shop Foreman Jon Alexander.